DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that recipes are kept in impeccable condition, in alphabetical order, and, if necessary, updated with new, and accurate notes.
- Ensure that the Prep List is accurate at the end of the shift such that anyone arriving afterwards knows the exact status of all food items and can easily prioritize them for light prep during the day.
- Ensure that your systems and processes for making recipes in bulk are fast and efficient.
- Ensure that the food made is consistent with the quality that Thrive is known for; this includes the following areas: flavor, texture, color, and consistency.
- Ensure that the space is left clean and sanitized, and that all utensils, equipment, etc. is properly put away before completing his/her shift.
- Ensure that all items are labeled properly with Name of Item, Date, and Initials, that the shelves are highly organized, easily accessible and properly stored at the end of his or her shift.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 3 scheduled shifts from 9p-5a., in addition there is one on-call shift per week.
WORK EXPERIENCE MOST APPLICABLE
- Fast‐paced restaurant or cafe as a server, barista, bartender, or line cook
- Prep/sous chef, commercial baking/dessert kitchens
- High volume, catering or fine/banquet dining
- Works quickly with a developed sense of urgency. This means fast and efficient in your movements!
- Have an outrageous interest in and keen joy for making incredible food.
- Operate from a place of gratitude for being a front‐line provider of nourishment and sustenance for our customers and community.
- Impeccable and Consistent. Take pride in his/her work and workspace and operates consistent with Thrive values.
- Cell Phone or reliably checked landline, E‐mail, Mac OS (if using Thrive’s office computers).
- Willing to have an account on and use Facebook
- Willing to comply with pre-employment drug testing requirement
- Can safely and reliably lift 50 pounds.
- WA State Food Handler’s Permit; required within one week of your first day.
- Prefer someone who lives in close proximity to Thrive Cafe.
- Reliable transportation to get you to and from the Cafe on time for work hours.
- Click the link below
- Note: We are not hiring anyone at this time without significant restaurant food prep experience.
- This position will remain open until filled.